Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 9: Selfish

self-ish
1. Concerned chiefly or only with oneself.
2. Arising from, characterized by, or showing selfishness.



This morning I had a very eye opening experience. Tuesdays are my usual day that I go to thetemple but when I woke up this morning I was so tired. As I was getting ready for work I was switching back and forth between the decision to go today or put it off until next week. When I reached into my adjective jar this morning and pulled out the word "selfish," I felt very chastened. The work that is done at the temple is so important for those people who have not yet received the gospel and have been waiting for so long, how selfish of me to not spend a few hours helping with that. Needless to say, I did go and I had a great experience.

No comments: