Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 15: Disgusted

dis-gust-ed
1. Filled with disgust or irritated impatience.


Whenever I drive through the Salt Lake valley I always have a disgusted feeling as I see billboard after billboard that has something to do with plastic surgery. It just makes me sad that there are so many people that feel that altering their body will bring them more happiness.
Though I have had feelings of insecurity when it comes to how I look, I have never felt that I would need to surgically alter my image to make those insecurities go away. Maybe it does help some people but it just seems that we all need to come to love our bodies for being what they are: a gift from the Lord.

As I drove back to Utah after my Idaho trip and saw these billboards I kept being reminded of this talk by President Uchtdorf given in the last Relief Society Broadcast. These are the things I want to rely on when my insecurities overtake me.

No comments: